What’s involved (the broad strokes)?
This one-time meeting in your home gives you an opportunity to ask questions about your design concerns and dilemmas. It is a rich working session where you gain access to our education, experience, and expertise in one information packed session. This is a great way to get you started by giving you useful ideas that help you gain confidence to move forward with your project.
What we can do (the details) …
- Answer questions about planning and budgeting
- Develop a conceptual colour scheme.
- Suggest artwork placement
- Address a challenging room layout
- Talk about storage solutions
- Provide furniture sources and suggestions
- Deliver a second opinion on selections you are considering
- Don't see it here? Feel free to ask in your complimentary telephone consultation!
A fit for you if …
- You are a do-it-yourselfer but want to be confident you will be happy with the result
- You feel overwhelmed and confused about where to start or how to prioritize each phase of your project
- You’re unsure of what furnishings you should keep and what new items to purchase
- You want suggestions for sourcing specific furniture or furnishing items for your home
- You need décor recommendations that you can confidently use on your own
- You want help and ideas for elements such as drapery, room layout, colour scheme
- You want help with a few specific design dilemmas
How to Prep Best for the Design Consultation to Maximize Results:
- Gather some "Inspiration Images" to help define your design style and vision for the space. Some have magazine pages, others use a Pinterest board our Houzz idea-book. Whatever works for you is good for us but the more you prepare, the more we will be able to help you in the consultation.
- Have a good honest conversation with your spouse/partner about what you want to invest in this project BEFORE we arrive. If you don't know, that's okay. Many people need help to develop a budget. That is a service we can provide.
- It is best to discuss how much time, energy and money you think you'd like to invest into this project so that we can determine which design service would be best for you if you want more help after the consultation.
- Get excited! We are about to make your design dreams come true! Judith Taylor Designs is an award-winning firm and has a talented team that can help you execute your design dreams. You are one step closer to making your design dreams come true and THAT is something to get EXCITED about!